Black Hills Quilt Show
SAVE THE DATE
June 6, 7, and 8, 2024
at The Monument
The 2024 Black Hills Quilt Show will be held June 6-8 in the Rushmore Hall at The Monument in beautiful downtown Rapid City. This show, sponsored by the Black Hills Quilters Guild, will be open for a preview on Thursday, June 6 from 5:00-8:00 PM, on Friday, June 7 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and on Saturday, June 8 from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Admission to the show is $7 per day or $10 for a 3-day pass; children are free.
Please check back to this page frequently because updates will be added as the show plans are finalized.
Registration is closed
Registration will open in February, 2024. Click the link below to see the rules from the previous show. These may be changed slightly before registration opens.
There were 460 quilts registered in 2023, including 140 judged quilts.
Special Exhibits: These quilts highlighted some of the activities of the Black Hills Quilters Guild. Additional special exhibits were shown in the Black Hills Quilters Guild ... In Action room.
- BHQG Photo Inspiration Challenge was open to guild members.
- Mona Lisa Art Quilt Group displayed a challenge called "Roots". The artist determined how to interpret roots and conveyed the definition through their quilt.
- Inspiration Studio displayed quilt featuring flowers
- In Memory booth for Joan Davis displayed quilts made by Joan
- In Memory booth for Klaudeen Hansen displayed quilts made by Klaudeen or with her patterns.
The judge for the 2024 Quilt Show is Pamela Day Walsh from Golden, CO. Pamela is a Certified Quilt Judge through the National Association of Certified Quilt Judges. She attends and judges numerous national, state and local quilt shows annually. She is the Colorado Quilting Council Lead Quilt Judge and the past Chairperson of the Colorado Quilting Council Competition Committee.
Raffle Quilt and Raffle Basket
There will be a Raffle Quilt and and Raffle Baskets at the 2024 show. These baskets contained quilt fabric, patterns, notions and supplies and maybe a few surprises.
Silent Auction for Monument Health Hospice House
The Black Hills Quilters Guild sponsors a Silent Auction of Small Quilted Objects and other items with proceeds going to Monument Health Hospice House. In 2023, $3089 was donated; since 2005, the BHQG has raised $43,353 for the Hospice House.
Our vendor spaces were all rented out in 2023. We are currently taking applications for the 2024 show. You may apply online or print the form and mail it to us. If you have questions about vending, please Contact Us .
The following vendors were at the 2023 show.
- Bent Pine Woodcraft - Wood-handled seam rippers, quilt hangers and racks, ruler holders, miscellaneous
- Busy Ewe/Quilted Buffalo - Farm to fiber sheep wool, knit and quilt shop items
- Creative Dimensions - A-1 longarm machines and supplies, wide backs, wool, bolted fabric
- Fabric Junction - Scissor sharpening, scissors, rotary cutters and cutting mats
- Fracked Out Woodcraft - Fractal burned wood products, laser engraved wood products
- Heirlooms by Design - 3 different longarm machines, thread, fabric
- Irish Chain - Sandi Irish patterns and kits, fabric and other fun stuff
- Just for Fun - Wool applique, holiday, dolls, witches, Santas
- Little Willow Traders - furniture items made with old quilts, hangers, fabric shelf
- Merry Moose Quilt Shoppe - Minky, kits, accessories, holiday and cabin prints
- MJ Tours & Black Hills Comunity Theatre - Fund raiser raffle tickets and tour information
- Piece By Piece - Quilt themed clothing and household items
- Suzy's Stash - AccuQuilt Cutter and dies, rulers, patterns
- Sweet On You - Homemade chocolates and other confections
- The Country Shoppe - Button rugs and hand-crafted decor, holiday decor, dolls
- The Quilting Cushion - Portable massage cushions
- The Shanty Stitchers - Quilt fabrics and notions
- Wendy Roberts ART - Quilted garments, hats, bags, pillows, carvings
The Inspiration Studio offers classes and demos during the Quilt Show. They also provided information about upcoming learning events, such as the Quilting in the Hills Retreat offered by the Black Hills Quilters Guild in the fall.
The Black Hills Quilters Guild In Action
This area of the Quilt Show will fature the activities of The Black Hills Quilters Guild and show how our Guild contributes to the community.
- Project Warmth will offer a variety of quilted items for sale. The proceeds of these sales help purchase batting, fabric, and quilting services for the quilts that are donated to a variety of local charities.
- Open Sew offers people a chance to sit and sew for a few minutes or a few hours and learn the basics of quilting. Machines, supplies, and helpers are provided by the BHQG.
- Caring Heart Quilts are given to our quilt Guild sisters who have experienced a serious health concern or lost a spouse or child. Small Thinking of You (TOY) blocks are sent to our quilt guild sisters when they are sick or have suffered a loss or sometimes just to say Thank You. Examples of both of these types of quilts were displayed.
- Boots for Troops are Christmas Stockings that are filled with snacks and small gifts and sent to our deployed Troops during the holidays. Examples of these stockings were displayed.
- Veteran Quilts are made by members of the Guild and given to residents at Fort Meade. They usually have a patriotic theme.
- USS SD Submarine Quilts are made by guild members and sent to the USS SD Submarine.
- Infant Bereavement Program provides swaddling blankets and quilts to parents who have lost an infant. Members of the Guild provide these items through a program at Monument Health.
- Pet Beds are made with scraps of fabric and batting that are leftover from making quilts and are donated to the local Humane Society. This keeps these materials out of landfill and provides a soft place to sleep for the animals at the shelter.
- Wool Applique - NEW exhibit in 2023 displayed items made of wool usually with embroidery stitches.
- Quilters Rest is a place to sit and rest for a few minutes or a few hours while waiting for your spouse or friends to finish looking at quilts and shop at the vendors.
A Celebration of Quilting
This event celebrates the completion of our quilt show and the quilters who worked hard to make it a success. This event is will be held on Monday, June 17 at Faith Lutheran Church and includes a Trunk Show.
A Special Thanks to our Sponsors
We are most appreciative of all of our sponsors who donated toward helping us produce a quality quilt show and keep the cost down for the attendees. If you would like to become a sponsor for our next show, please consider donating toward this purpose. If you need additional information Contact Us
2023 Sponsors are listed below
- Gammill Longarm Quilting Machines
- The Quilt Connection, Etc.
- The Sewing Center/Fabirc City
SAVE THE DATE for our future quilt shows
June 5, 6, and 7, 2025
June 4, 5, and 6, 2026