Learning has never been so much fun!
Quilting in the Hills 2020
Save the Date: October 8-11, 2020
at Terra Santa Retreat Center
If your are interested in being an instructor for a future retreat, please scroll to the bottom of this page for an application form.
The following information is for the 2019 Retreat. New information will be posted in Spring 2020.
Open Brochure Pictures of Workshop Project
Refund Policy: Cancellations before July 31 will receive a 50% refund on workshops. Cancellations between July 31 and August 31 will receive a 25% refund on workshops. The registration fee is non-refundable. There are no refunds after August 31.
Workshops and Evening Programs
Full class descriptions and bios on the instructors are available in the brochure.
Linda Hahn froghollowdesigns.com
- Sea Salt Supply List
- Zumba at 5:00 PM Friday (bring your sneakers and a water bottle)
- Wicked Wahini Supply List
Bonnie Dwyer bonniedwyer.com
- Beginner Finishing School Supply List
- Intermediate Finishing School Supply List
- Wonky Stars Supply List
SOYO (Sew On Your Own) will be offered on Thursday afternoon and Friday and Saturday.
Evening Programs (all start after dinner at 7:00 PM)
- Thursday: Bonnie Dwyer, "Seven Generations of Maine Quiltmakers"
- Friday: Linda Hahn, "New York Beauty State of Mind"
- Saturday: Game Night
Lodging and Meals
All room reservations will be made directly through Terra Sancta Retreat Center. They can be reached by phone at (605) 716-0925 or online at http://terrasancta.org/BHQG2019
Sleeping accommodations this year include either Family Style rooms or Monastic Style rooms. Each Family Style room has two queen-size beds and a private bath (similar to a hotel room) and can accommodate up to four guests. Monastic Style rooms have one set of bunk beds and can accommodate one or two guests; shared toilet and shower facilities are located in the hall. Linens and towels are provided in all rooms. If you need an ADAaccessible room, please let Terra Sancta know when you contact them. Family Style rooms are available for a three-night stay at $253.00 or $94.00 per room per night. Monastic Style rooms are available for a three-night stay at $140.00 or $47.00 per room per night.
PLEASE NOTE: Alcohol and other controlled substances are prohibited at the retreat center.
Meals are available from Terra Sancta for Thursday evening through Sunday morning. You may bring a lunch or go out for a meal if you prefer. We will try to accomodate special dietary needs if they are specified on your registration form.
Here is the menu for the weekend. When you register, check the meals that you plan to eat at Terra Sancta.
- Thursday Dinner: Pizza, Mandarin orange salad, dessert, $15.00
- Friday Breakfast: Benedict scrambler, toast, oatmeal bar, juice, $11.00
- Friday Lunch: Sliders, tater tots, apple cranberry walnut salad, $13.00
- Friday Dinner: Parmesan chicken, roasted potatoes, broccoli, dessert, $15.00
- Saturday Breakfast: French Toast, bacon, yogurt bar, juice, $11.00
- Saturday Lunch: Strawberry avocado salad with grilled chicken, soup, dinner roll, $13.00
- Saturday Dinner: Pork tenderloin, stuffing, tossed spinach salad, dessert, $15.00
- Sunday Breakfast: Cheesy bacon with egg slider, seasonal fruit, juice, $11.00
Calling All Teachers
We are always looking for new instructors offering techniques that provide a variety of interest for our guild. If you would like to teach a class, please submit your application online OR download and print the form, fill it out and mail it to us. Please provide as much information as possible. We will try to contact you within a few weeks but if you don't hear from us, submit your application again or contact us. Thank you!
Future Quilting in the Hills Retreat Dates
October 7 - 10, 2021
October 6 - 9, 2022
September 21 - 24, 2023
October 10 - 13, 2024