Learning has never been so much fun!
Quilting in the Hills 2019
October 10-13, 2019
The retreat will be at Terra Sancta Retreat Center, conveniently located near Rapid City in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. The fun begins Thursday afternoon, with two full days of classes on Friday and Saturday, ending Sunday morning after breakfast. Join the fun as we learn new techniques, make new friends, and relax in the pine-scented fresh air of the Hills.
Registration is now open
Refund Policy: Cancellations before July 31 will receive a 50% refund on workshops. Cancellations between July 31 and August 31 will receive a 25% refund on workshops. The registration fee is non-refundable. There are no refunds after August 31.
Registration Deadline is Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Workshops and Evening Programs
Full class descriptions and bios on the instructors are available in the brochure.
Linda Hahn froghollowdesigns.com
- Sea Salt Supply List
- Zumba at 5:00 PM Friday (bring your sneakers and a water bottle)
- Wicked Wahini Supply List
Bonnie Dwyer bonniedwyer.com
- Beginner Finishing School Supply List
- Intermediate Finishing School Supply List
- Wonky Stars Supply List
SOYO (Sew On Your Own) will be offered on Thursday afternoon and Friday and Saturday.
Evening Programs (all start after dinner at 7:00 PM)
- Thursday: Bonnie Dwyer, "Seven Generations of Maine Quiltmakers"
- Friday: Linda Hahn, "New York Beauty State of Mind"
- Saturday: Game Night
Lodging and Meals
All room reservations will be made directly through Terra Sancta Retreat Center. They can be reached by phone at (605) 716-0925 or online at http://terrasancta.org/BHQG2019
Sleeping accommodations this year include either Family Style rooms or Monastic Style rooms. Each Family Style room has two queen-size beds and a private bath (similar to a hotel room) and can accommodate up to four guests. Monastic Style rooms have one set of bunk beds and can accommodate one or two guests; shared toilet and shower facilities are located in the hall. Linens and towels are provided in all rooms. If you need an ADAaccessible room, please let Terra Sancta know when you contact them. Family Style rooms are available for a three-night stay at $253.00 or $94.00 per room per night. Monastic Style rooms are available for a three-night stay at $140.00 or $47.00 per room per night.
PLEASE NOTE: Alcohol and other controlled substances are prohibited at the retreat center.
Meals are available from Terra Sancta for Thursday evening through Sunday morning. You may bring a lunch or go out for a meal if you prefer. We will try to accomodate special dietary needs if they are specified on your registration form.
Here is the menu for the weekend. When you register, check the meals that you plan to eat at Terra Sancta.
- Thursday Dinner: Pizza, Mandarin orange salad, dessert, $15.00
- Friday Breakfast: Benedict scrambler, toast, oatmeal bar, juice, $11.00
- Friday Lunch: Sliders, tater tots, apple cranberry walnut salad, $13.00
- Friday Dinner: Parmesan chicken, roasted potatoes, broccoli, dessert, $15.00
- Saturday Breakfast: French Toast, bacon, yogurt bar, juice, $11.00
- Saturday Lunch: Strawberry avocado salad with grilled chicken, soup, dinner roll, $13.00
- Saturday Dinner: Pork tenderloin, stuffing, tossed spinach salad, dessert, $15.00
- Sunday Breakfast: Cheesy bacon with egg slider, seasonal fruit, juice, $11.00
Calling All Teachers
We are always looking for new instructors offering techniques that provide a variety of interest for our guild. If you would like to teach a class, please submit your application online OR download and print the form, fill it out and mail it to us. Please provide as much information as possible. We will try to contact you within a few weeks but if you don't hear from us, submit your application again or contact us. Thank you!
Future Quilting in the Hills Retreat Dates
October 8 - 11, 2020
October 7 - 10, 2021